Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thing # 19 Web 2.0 Awards

I discovered a tool titled “Flock”, which is a social web browser. Due to all of the exploring I have had to do with 23 things, I was not intimidated at all to explore, click, and I UNDERSTOOD what I was reading!  If you become a Flock user, you can put all of your web stuff together in one location. Pictures, websites, RSS feeds, keep up with your latest webmail, people you follow, keep up with your blog, and on and on. Currently, I am thinking that this will be a great place to keep all of my library tools. Places I find while researching, RSS feeds related to my studies, pictures that I may take, or pictures of library set ups (such as Book Fair ideas!?!). You can also connect to a wide variety of media streams from here, such as; youtube, facebook, truveo, flickr, just to name a few. When you close out, this program asks you if you want to save your tabs before you quit, so you can return right where you left off.
Flock was very easy to download, and it has tabs for the different screens complete with directions of how to use each screen. There is also a Twitter Search area, so that you can search tweets for the subject you are investigating. One huge disadvantage to this program is that it is loaded onto one computer, so at the moment, your access is limited by your location.

No comments:

Post a Comment