Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thing #14 Technorati

Technorati has made my head swim. This was my brick wall for 23 things. I watched the video a couple of times, then I would leave it alone for awhile…work on something else, and then come back to it. I asked teammates that did 23 things this summer how to use it, how they found it helpful---yeah, one of them said she never understood it, so she read another blog and kind of copied their response for thing 14. Helpful?!


Currently, I am not in love with Technorati. Maybe as I become more proficient with blogging, it’ll be a resource I use more often.

There are several reasons for people to blog. If one is blogging to be read by the world, then tagging is a must-do. I appreciate the sites that have a plethora of tags, so that I can find information quickly, such as pictures of particular subjects on Flickr. It has been a wonderful resource for my classroom—2nd graders are so interested in such a wide variety of subjects, and I am able to quickly pull up visuals for them to increase their learning and understanding of the world around them. I do have an easier time with putting tags onto my photos than on my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment