Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Station Identification Break

We take a pause here in the midst of 23 things for a personal update.  Since August of this year, I have learned how to use a Macbook (well, I had one day of training, and I'm not that sure what all I remember from it, but if I had one in my hands, I could poke around and figure my way through some of it now--it's been about 10 years since I have had a Mac in my classroom, and boy, they are waaaaaay different now!), I have 11 itouches being used in my classroom, so that has involved learning about different apps, I have learned how to use a "thumbtack microphone" and use the italk lite app for my kiddos to make podcasts (which I highly reccommend!  It is VERY easy to use!), I have started a classroom Wiki, and have had to learn about Google Docs because the mini ASUS we have in our classrooms don't have Microsoft Office, and I also have a flip camera to use to document what my kids are doing with these items we got for a grant.  Pile that ontop of these 23 things...I have thought several times that my head is going to explode from all of this technology I am having thrust upon me.  Now to top it off, I am learning how to work/use the light board at church (Don't fool around with #21 on the board---the preacher doesn't like you to play with the baptistry lights during his sermon....ooops.).  But now I am feeling so confident, that I have gone out and gotten a 16 GB ipod.  Tonight I played on itunes and used a gift card to download some items from the itunes store, including the TV show "It's a Mystery, Charlie Brown".  That is a first.  I have had an ipod for a couple of years now, but have only had my own music loaded onto it.  I'm playing in the big time now!!  What's next?  A Kindle? 
I had no clue as to how much I didn't know.  Wait, I still don't know how much I don't know, but I sure know a lot more now than I did 4 months ago.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha...as of November of 2010, I got a Verizon Ally, (a smartphone), a Kindle, and for Christmas, my hubby got VERY smart and bought me a Wii. (Haven't been able to play on it much this semester since the Tech 6031 and Children's lit class has SUCKED all my free time, weekends, and even Spring Break). Those items are a far cry from an Ipod!

    ReplyDelete