Sunday, October 4, 2009

Thing # 10 Online Image Generators



Yea!!  I loved the smiley signs that you can customize!  I made a "George Washington" smiley to post on the Wiki that I am making for 5th graders studying the American Revolution, and I also made one to announce the date of Frostwood Elementary's 50th birthday celebration.  Image Chef was very easy to use as well.  (See the street sign and the turkey).  I did not like the so-called Kid Friendly Image Generators.  I had no problem with getting the text onto the frame, but gave up trying to get a photo on there.  I can see using these things to add oomph to Wikis, blogs and even the grade level newsletter.  Actually, anything that you make on the computer can benefit---slide shows, word documents...





2 comments:

  1. What a great image you created for the fifth graders! You are really moving along with web 2.0 tools!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I got inspiration to make the smiley for the Wiki that I am making for the mid-term project. I am almost looking forward to my turn at the grade level newsletter since I know how to make so many new and cute things to jazz it up!

    ReplyDelete