Sunday, September 27, 2009

Thing #9: Library-Related Blogs

Over the river and through the woods, around the blogs we go....

WOW.   The Circle of the Wise article was helpful with guiding me through the woods.  While looking at blogs/sites, I kept in mind about the upbeatness of them all.  I did have to chose one that I found, that while not necessarily upbeat, I could relate to the voice in which it was written, even though I don't teach older students.  Mr.Teacher
I really liked Edublogs' award winners.  There was a nice list of the "best", divided into categories, and from that, I added Teachers at Risk and Doug Pete.  In teachers at risk, the blog writer teaches high school students, but writes about having a web2.0 classroom.  The second blog contains links to all kinds of web resources.  Sadly, the website that wasn't  available for searching was  School Library Blogs on Superglu.  I'll check back on that one at a later date to see if it is back running. 
A blog to go to for fun:  http://icanhascheezburger.com/  This one has cute captions to go with mostly cat pictures.  Good for a laugh when you are suffering from insomnia.

The search blog that raised my eyebrows was Syndic8.com.  While some prefer that straightforward look, yikes!  It looked non-friendly to me.  I didn't stick around too long on that site. 

Oh, and my pack of schnauzers were not happy with the voice on the Technorati Tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment